Baseball, softball, tennis, lacrosse, golf, track and field, basketball, volleyball and swimming – these are typically the high school and college spring sports.
Now that winter is drawing to a close, it’s time to start thinking about getting in shape to try out for your school team and play a sport you feel passionate about.
- Physically, you want to focus on improving your response time, speed, strength, flexibility and agility. These are the areas that will help your overall sports performance.
- You can go it alone on your workouts for the spring sports season or you can consider working with a personal trainer who specializes in these areas to get to where you want to be faster and more effectively. Find a personal trainer who has played the individual spring sport you play because they will better understand what you need to do to prepare for it, including creating a personal workout plan for your abilities and areas where you need to most improve.
- Work with fellow teammates or others that are trying out after school or on the weekend to start developing camaraderie. This also is a great way to get more practice in before the season starts and go up against others to challenge and push yourself further.
- Think about what you are eating and structure your regimen around increased physical activity that feeds your body what it needs to perform at optimum levels. Consider also taking nutritional supplements with the guidance of a physician. A personal trainer can also help you with your diet and eating regimen, preparing a daily suggested combination of fats, proteins, and carbs that align with your spring sports training program.
- Mentally, you also need to think about what you want to accomplish this spring sports season to give yourself a way to measure how you did. This might include breaking a personal or school record or hitting a certain number of points or level of improvement. You also need to work on your mental game, preparing yourself for how you will approach each competition.
- Lastly, get good sleep because this gives your body and mind a chance to recharge and work even harder the next day.
To prepare for the spring sports season, contact us now to learn more about our sports-specific personal training programs. We’ll help you perform at your best level yet!