Now that you have made the decision to embark on your fitness and health journey with personal training, you not only need an exercise regimen to follow, but you also need to change how you eat if you want to help gain muscle mass.
While I am not a licensed nutritionist, I do have years of fitness training that has involved developing a diet that has helped me and numerous clients gain muscle mass by feeding their body the right food for weight training. Here are some great tips related to what you can eat to help build muscle mass:
- Lean beef should be central to your diet because it is packed with protein as well as iron, zinc, and B-vitamins. The amino acids within the lean beef help to promote muscle growth in combination with insulin. Just consume it in small portions of no more than six ounces at a time to help fuel muscle growth.
- Boneless and skinless chicken is another good muscle food. It is packed with protein that helps maintain and repair muscles while also providing benefits for weight and bones. It’s a versatile food that you can enjoy many different ways so you don’t get tired of eating it.
- Eggs contain Vitamin D, nine amino acids, good fat, and high-quality protein. It is one of the lowest cost options for muscle building diets. Don’t let the studies tell you eggs are harmful because they are anything but that.
- Cottage cheese is made up of casein protein, which is a slow-digesting protein that will continually feed and maintain your muscles. It’s a good food to add to your diet if you struggle to find time in your day to eat every couple of hours. Cottage cheese also has calcium and Vitamin B-12, which are also very good for your body.
- Oatmeal is another good food to eat that decreases hunger and keeps you satiated over time. It is a great source of the carbohydrates you still need in your diet. These carbs help you maintain your muscles.
- Tuna is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids as well as protein but is low in fat. It’s a delicious and filling way to feed those muscles. Plus, there are many ways to enjoy it.
- Whey protein is a great source of protein that can be found in protein supplements that you can use to make shakes. I recommend having a whey protein shake when you wake up, right after your workup is over, and with some of your meals throughout the day. It’s perfect for adding muscle mass.
Contact us today to learn more about developing the right exercise and nutrition plan for your fitness goals.